The terror of two year old teething

February 17, 2010 · 8 comments

We’re just passing through what will be our last experience with two year old molar teething.  I was up seven times last night (yes I count, can’t help myself).   I hate seeing them in so much pain – and I also hate not getting good sleep myself.  This to shall pass………..I reminded myself a thousand times today!  You’d think I’d be getting better at this after so much practice ……..no such luck.

1 Corrie February 18, 2010 at 4:22 pm

Vicki – i have 4 kids and I'd be suggesting the vodka too!! LOL

Hope you are nice and well rested for our visit on sat Caz. So looking forward to coming and see you, nick and the pinks.
xx

p.s. tell charlie that I am looking forward to seeing him to…a visit to your house is just not a visit with out charlie deafening us…love that doggy!!!

2 Vicki February 18, 2010 at 2:04 pm

such good advice from everybody. I know nothing about two year olds so may I suggest vodka?

3 Thea February 18, 2010 at 12:46 pm

You sound just like me.
My 2 have all their teeth now (thank God) but I always count how many times I get up, too.
And my manta is the same as yours, 'This too shall pass'…and it does, though it feels like it never will on the 7th 'get-up'.

PS I'm with Lucy, Nurofen!!

4 Caz (The Truth About Mummy) February 18, 2010 at 8:38 am

Thanks so much for the ideas! Nice to have some mummy support on my side. Good night last night. Think she was so tired from being so grumpy (and refusing her afternoon nap) that she zonked out. She didn't wake up until 6.00am – Blissful mummy 🙂

5 Anything Fits a Naked Man February 17, 2010 at 11:00 pm

Oh, my dear, that sounds AWFUL for both of you! Hope this all "passes" soon!! Hang in there!

6 Holly Homemaker February 17, 2010 at 10:42 pm

I'll throw another teether in there – Hylands Teething Tabs, from the chemist. Worked a charm for the bug. Hope it's over soon, teething sucks 🙁

7 Posie Patchwork February 17, 2010 at 9:16 pm

Teething gel = fun for everyone. Love Posie

8 Lucy February 17, 2010 at 9:02 pm

Nurofen? For both of you? I hope those toothypegs fix themselves soon and that yu get some decent sleep……

Comments on this entry are closed.