Heading Back to School with a little help from Target

January 21, 2013 · 18 comments

A sponsored post for Target ….

And so we’ve reached that time in the Summer holidays when our thoughts all turn to getting the little people back to school.  Mental check-lists start to write themselves in my head and I start to gear up for the routine of term time.   I LOVE January    It’s the one month of the year that we have no routine and just enjoy letting the days drift into each other without much structure or ‘need’ to do anything.  In my books that’s blissful  – but unfortunately for me it’s not how the other eleven months of the year work. (Any chance we could talk about changing that?)

So, with my mental check-list swirling around in my mind, the girls and I headed off to Target last week to get ourselves ‘school ready’.  Despite my reluctance the girls seem to love our annual back to school outing.  Even my little Pink, who is heading off to 4-year-old kinder this year, got very excited about the process. (They tell me they too love holidays, but secretly I think they like school just a little bit more.)

Target back to school sale

So off we headed.  The Back To School range at Target is good this year – they’ve got the lot making it a one stop shop for us.    The first thing I noticed was that Target have set up an entire Back to School Section at the front of the store.  It’s all there in the one spot, saving valuable shopping time. (Those under five foot may however interpret that as leaving more time to look at toys.)  But generally speaking I’d say nice  one Target!   I like a store that makes my life as easy as possible.

Target back to school sale 2

Within minutes we’d picked out a new school dress for my big girl – who is  growing at an increasingly scary rate.   (She was quick to point out that the dress had a zipped pocket this year,  something that unbeknownst to me is pretty important in the grade three school  set.)  Another thing I love about the target school dresses is that they have a good hem line which can be let down without much fuss.  When  you have girls like mine who refuse to stop having growth spurts that’s a winner of an idea.

Target back to school lunchbox

Next we checkout out the  stationery (be still all four beating hearts), sports skirts and lunch-boxes.  How cute are the lunch boxes in the above picture with their snap in drink bottles!     But as always the winning item for us was the stationery.  I have raised myself three stationery loving little people to follow after their mamas own tradition of hoarding the stuff.    Pens, notebooks, cool erasers, binders and every other supply imaginable.   It was stationery heaven!   I’ve heard it said that the reason young girls love stationery so much is that it’s one of the few areas they’re allowed to show some of their own personality within the primary school setting.  Maybe so – but it doesn’t explain why I still love the stuff so much.

Target's beautiful back to school stationery

Do  you do your back to school shopping at Target?   Want to know a  couple of interesting facts I’ve learnt about shopping there in the past week?  If you can’t find an item you want in store you can shop on-line (see the Target Link of my sidebar if you want to get there super fast) and they’ll deliver it to your local store for you to pick up so you don’t have to pay postage.   Clever hey.   And did you know Target have an in-store school shoe fitting service?  I didn’t.     You just need to check with your local store for the hours they are available and then turn  up to get those little feet properly fitted.

target back to school stationery

So now, with only nine days left of letting the routine roam free, we’re officially all set to head back to school.   I’m trying not to think about it too much, I’d rather just enjoy those days as much as possible.  Luckily for us we’ve still got a few days away testing out our new camper-trailer at the beach.   I refuse to think any more about school until after we got back.

Have  you started getting organised for heading back to school yet?

signature

1 Jodie - Muddled Up Mumm January 22, 2013 at 6:50 pm

I’ve also just discovered the local pickup available with online ordering. So handy!
Jodie – Muddled Up Mumm recently posted..Can’t Quite Put My Finger On ItMy Profile

2 Dorothy January 22, 2013 at 10:06 am

Thankfully our school organises the book lists, all I have to do is pick them up from the stationer’s this week. I bought school shoes a couple of weeks ago and I think we’re pretty much done.
Dorothy recently posted..Men, perfection and being worthyMy Profile

3 Marissa Roberts January 21, 2013 at 8:15 pm

LOVE those lunch boxes! I had no idea Target had the shoe service! The stationery is my favourite though – really pretty!

Thanks for some great ideas Caz xx
Marissa Roberts recently posted..Quick & Easy CurlsMy Profile

4 Caz January 21, 2013 at 8:22 pm

Oh the stationery – I know!!! My kids have reached the age where they like to share my secret stash and I’m having to learn to share all over again 🙂
Caz recently posted..Heading Back to School with a little help from TargetMy Profile

5 Angela East January 21, 2013 at 4:45 pm

shoe fitting at Target? that’s awesome! I didn’t know that. Man that stationery is so cute. Love the one with lollypops on it. It’s a great time to go shopping for your own office (which I’m currently setting up) too! Such cute things 🙂
Angela East recently posted.."You’re doing WHAT for your Blog this weekend!?"My Profile

6 Caz January 21, 2013 at 8:20 pm

Yeah – who knew!! Oh setting up an office – drool. So love that type of thing. Enjoy Angela….post some pics when you’re done.

7 Lisa January 21, 2013 at 10:43 am

Yep – we are all ready too! Bring it ON!!!
Lisa recently posted..How it rolls to go out in our house – sigh…..My Profile

8 Caz January 21, 2013 at 8:18 pm

Oh I wish I shared your enthusiasm!! But yeah, it’s good to be organised 🙂 Thanks for dropping by Lisa.

9 Steph January 21, 2013 at 9:03 am

Ahh stationery…I know what you mean :). Need to pop in and get pencil case and markers for my youngest who starts school next week, everything else was sorted weeks ago.
Steph recently posted..The Revandah and the coke tinMy Profile

10 Caz January 21, 2013 at 8:17 pm

Hi Steph, it’s good to have it all organised hey. But would much prefer if I could just have a few more weeks of holidays. Never mind March will be here before we know.

11 Kristen January 21, 2013 at 7:44 am

We have a book list so I don’t get to go stationary shopping! But yes, all organised, I wanted to avoid the crazy rush this year!

12 Caz January 21, 2013 at 8:13 pm

We have one too – but the girls always like to get some things for themselves. And me being stationery addicted I can’t say no!! Thanks for visiting Kristen 🙂

13 Laney | Crash Test Mummy January 21, 2013 at 7:24 am

We’re not at school yet, but there’s a pretty cool lunch box at Target I have my eye on after seeing it at the Back to School event last week!
Laney | Crash Test Mummy recently posted..Family favourite zucchini pasta dish by CrashHubbyMy Profile

14 Caz January 21, 2013 at 8:10 pm

Next year you’ll be joining us too!! Hope all is going well Laney 🙂

15 Tina ~ Tina Gray {dot} Me January 21, 2013 at 7:14 am

I’m calling it. We have all of our back to school shopping done and dusted. We did do some of our shopping at Target and it was nice to have everything there in the one spot. The rest of the month will be spent chilling. No plans. Just taking each day as it comes. But, just quietly, I’m looking forward to the kiddos going back to school now. And I think they are too.
Tina ~ Tina Gray {dot} Me recently posted..Currently I am…My Profile

16 Caz January 21, 2013 at 8:09 pm

Still refusing to think any more about it until next week Tina. Then I’ll have no choice in the matter. Thanks for dropping by 🙂

17 Shelly B January 21, 2013 at 6:58 am

Oh yeah …. back to school. I might be a little more excited about this than you Caz. I’m REALLY looking forward to it. Still need some lunch-boxes and school shirt. Love online shopping!!

18 Caz January 21, 2013 at 8:06 pm

I know Shelly – most people think I’m insane the way I love having them all home. Good luck with the shopping.

Comments on this entry are closed.